I consider myself a novice runner. I run for fun and don’t push myself to run for time. When I sign up for races, it is the theme or event-related run that will entice me to participate. So that’s why it was hard to turn down an opportunity to run in the first Pretty Muddy Mud Run in Miami.
Courtney reached out to me participate in the 5k and obstacle course as part of the blogging group trying out the run. A mud run/obstacle course interests me, but I am not the most easy-going gal when it comes to getting my hands dirty.
After checking out the clean, bold website, there were a few details that I think are race perks:
- It’s a women’s only event.
- It encourages gal pals to get together for a fun, healthy activity.
- There will be showers to rinse off and change after. (I plan on driving to the Miami Beach Latin Music Rock n’Roll Half Expo right after!)
- There’s a party after the race.
- There are different wave times, so my time still allows me to sleep in a teeny bit on my Saturday. (I’ll be waking up in the middle of the night to get down for the next race right after.)
- The event isn’t timed.
The guest blog page shows the tentative 2013 dates and might be worth check out if you’re interested in blogging about it next year. I’ve noticed Meghann has blogged about the run as well over the past months. Hope the Tampa run this weekend is a success!
All in all – I’m a little nervous to “get muddy,” but I’m looking forward to it!
One last thing – I need the right type of gear to go through this one. AND I just threw out my old, dirty pair of running shoes I could have worn! GRR. I’m not sure if I should just mess up my Nikes and go buy a new pair after or buy a cheap pair of shoes for the run? I don’t want to ruin the shoes I normally wear for workouts.
What do you think I should wear for both shoes and clothes for a mud race?