Ok, so December has FLOWN by! I feel like just yesterday was the December 1st! And now our advent calendars have whittled down to a few days left.
Janae came up with a really cute Christmas survey to celebrate the season.
1. Favorite Christmas album/CD/song?
This one is hard, I listen to all the popular Christmas albums starting in the middle of November! I do love Mariah Carey’s Merry Christmas album and the favorite ‘All I Want for Christmas is You.’ However, this year the main Christmas CD in rotation is Michael Buble! I should know his CD by heart now. The Glee Christmas albums (there are three now) are awesome too. The Christmas episode made me cry last week.
I also like Christmas songs that aren’t ever so popularly played on the radio, like the Christmas Waltz and the Man with the Bag.
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
I usually go for a run on Christmas Eve and take the day off because the day is so jam-packed with things to do. We workout on Christmas by playing JUST DANCE!!!
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
We have a tradition where we make chocolate chip banana french toast. You prep the night before and put in the oven in the morning. We also usually have fresh berries and yogurt. And then mimosas or poinsettias.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
We don’t have too many traditions over here, but one is to go to church and eat dinner at a steak house called Runyon’s on Christmas Eve.
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree?
Real, because it smells SO GOOD! I’m smelling it now as I type. I bet I get a fake tree when I buy a tree in the first years because of the cost and ease of putting it up.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
Yay! I usually have pairs from Old Navy. But we don’t really have pairs that match.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?
As a little girl it would be at my grandparents’ house but for the past 13 – 15 years it’s been at our house. For the past two years I will be spending Christmas with Ryan also.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?
There is this chocolate peppermint cake that is TO DIE FOR. The cake is so moist it is downright delectable.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? The picture for this question could also double as the weirdest present you have ever opened?
We used to open all at once but now we take turns since it’s only four of us. It makes the present-opening experience last all morning!
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
WAY too many.
The Santa Clause
I’ll just leave the list to four for now.
What is your favorite Christmas meal or treat?