There’s nothing more fitting for WIAW than to share a recipe!
Last week I shared a snapshot of the ooey, gooey macaroni and cheese casserole I made for my lovely boyfriend. That dish was a hit and I would love to share with you!
Buffalo Chicken Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 10 oz. elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup Frank’s red hot sauce, divided
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound yellow sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente or about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken, bacon and garlic and cook for a few minutes minutes. Add 1/2 cup hot sauce and chicken stock and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Let melt while stirring in flour. Whisk in the milk and cream, then add the other 1/2 cup hot sauce and stir until thick.
- Add the small cheese cubes and shredded cheese to the mixture and let the cheese melt a little. Whisk the cheeses with the milk and cream mixture until nice and thick.
- In the casserole dish, spread half of the macaroni, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining macaroni. Pour the cheese sauce evenly on top.
- Place the casserole in the oven and let bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before serving. This dish will be piping hot!
This dish could also be prepared the night before by cooking the pasta and making the chicken and cheese mixtures. You would need to just preheat the oven and bake the day of serving.
What do you guys think? This would be a great dish to bring to a Superbowl party next weekend. I just might.
Are you a fan of buffalo-flavored meals?
I really don’t like buffalo wings, but I love these buffalo concoctions I have made lately!